About the Department of Rehabilitation
The California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) administers the largest vocational rehabilitation program in the country.
We have a three-pronged mission to provide services and advocacy that assist people with disabilities to live independently, become employed and have equality in the communities in which they live and work.
DOR provides consultation, counseling and vocational rehabilitation, and works with community partners to assist the consumers we serve.
DEPARTMENT VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS
Employment, independence and equality for all Californians with disabilities.
The California Department of Rehabilitation works in partnership with consumers and other stakeholders to provide services and advocacy resulting in employment, independent living and equality for individuals with disabilities.
OUR CORE VALUES
An organization's core values are our deeply held beliefs and guide the organization in its staff's conduct, work and decision-making.
- We believe in the talent and potential of individuals with disabilities.
- We invest in the future through creativity, ingenuity and innovation.
- We ensure our decisions and actions are informed by interested individuals and groups.
- We pursue excellence through continuous improvement.
- We preserve the public's trust through compassionate and responsible provision of services.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
The principles that guide us in our daily work.
- Delivering effective vocational rehabilitation services, and other programs and services in an efficient, caring, professional, and prompt manner.
- Attracting, developing, and retaining a competent, creative, and highly motivated workforce.
- Maintaining public trust by being fiscally responsible and ensuring quality programs and services.
- Sustaining our role as a respected leader in the disability community; inspiring hope in those we serve.
DOR STRATEGIC PLAN
- Contacting Us
- Director's Statement
- Publications, Forms, and Reports
- Office Locations
- Organizational Structure
- Public Notices and Department News
- Work for Us