San Diego Area Resources
The State of California accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of the external websites or external documents linked to on this website.
- Metrolink (www.metrolinktrains.com) - Information on the regional commuter rail system serving Orange County and the Los Angeles Region.
- State of California Government Websites
- United States Government Websites
- 2-1-1 San Diego (www.211sandiego.org/211) - For people seeking local health and human resources information.
- Access to Independence of San Diego (www.a2isd.org) - An ILC whose services are designed to improve the lives of individual consumers.
- Braille Institute (www.brailleinstitute.org/Home.htm) - Offers services to people who have limited or no vision.
- Business Healthcare Connection (www.sdbhc.org) - Provides information on public and private health insurance options.
- California Mental Health Directors Association - Transition Age Youth Resource Guide
- Dayle McIntosh in Orange County (www.daylemc.org) - A consumer based agency empowering people with any disability an environment to develop options, make informed choices, and control their own lives.
- Deaf Community Services of San Diego (www.dcsofsd.org) - Offers services to help people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- East County Career Center (http://eccc.guhsd.net/) - a public non-profit agency located in the East County Regional Education Center with California Employment Development Department, Regional Occupational Program, and other community agencies.
- Goodwill of Orange County's Assistive Technology Program - Assists students/clients in determining the best technological solutions for overcoming limitations.
- National Collaborative on Workforce & Disability (www.ncwd-youth.info) - Source for information about employment & youth with disabilities - contains "The 411 on Disability Disclosure" - a workbook for youth with disabilities.
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center (www.rancho.org) - Helps individuals with physical disabilities solve task performance problems through the use of assistive technology and/or environmental modifications.
- San Diego Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities (SDCEPD) (www.sdcepd.org) - Works to uphold equal employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- San Diego Workforce Partnership (Career Centers) (www.sandiegoatwork.com) - Coordinates job training and employment programs.
- Toward Maximum Independence (www.tmi-inc.org) - Helps people with disabilities with community living/employment & family support.