Resources for Creating Accessible Content
The Department of Rehabilitation's Disability Access Services Unit has guides to create accessible documents, and provide easy to follow instructions.
Training classes currently available at the Department of Rehabilitation:
Electronic content that is public facing and content that constitutes official business and is communicated by an agency shall conform to the Section 508 accessibility requirements. When such content constitutes official business and is communicated by an agency through one or more of the following:
- An emergency notification;
- An initial or final decision adjudicating an administrative claim or proceeding;
- An internal or external program or policy announcement;
- A notice of benefits, program eligibility, employment opportunity, or personnel action;
- A formal acknowledgement of receipt;
- A survey questionnaire;
- A template or form;
- Educational or training materials; or
- Intranet content designed as a Web page.
For more information, check out Section 508 Scoping Requirements for Electronic Content.