GET READY TO WORK
Want to learn how to find, apply, and interview for a job?
Would you like to try working in different environments?
Do you wonder what is expected of you in the workplace?
Have you thought about accommodations and how you can request them?
Are you ready to live independently?
We Offer These Services:
Learn good work habits and skills to prepare for success on the job.
Skills for Work could help you:
- Learn how to search and apply for a job
- Learn how to get to work
- Understand employer expectations
- Develop social skills for the workplace
- Strengthen communication skills
- Understand information on paychecks
- Practice money management skills
- Learn about independent living
Practice being your own champion and maximizing your skills in the workplace.
Self-Advocacy training could help you:
- Understand your rights at work
- Learn your responsibilities at work
- Participate in leadership activities
- Learn about accommodations and supports
- Practice communicating needs and concerns
- Participate in mentoring opportunities
Connect with local professionals and get real-world work experience.
Work Experiences could include:
- Short-term employment
- Internships (paid or unpaid)
- On-the-job training
- Apprenticeships (informal)
- Informational interviews
- Work site tours
- Job shadowing
- Volunteer opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities