TRAINING - ACCESSIBLE MICROSOFT OFFICE DOCUMENTS
This class teaches seven basic principles to create accessible content in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. This class will cover the basic steps in the creation of accessible documents and simple forms in Microsoft Office. This class includes the basic accessibility features built into Microsoft Office 2016. Some pros and cons of each format will be discussed. Utilizing the principles learned in this class will help ensure that electronic content is accessible to employees, reviewers, stakeholders, and customers with disabilities and usable by persons who utilize assistive technologies. This class is a mixture of lecture and hands-on training with a laptop.
Staff who create, modify, and distribute organizational forms in Adobe PDF format, may register concurrently for Accessible PDF Documents 2.0.
As a result of attending this class, participants will be able to:
- Understand the seven basic principles required to create accessible documents and simple forms
- Recognize assistive technology as a means to navigate electronic documents
- Create documents that are accessible to employees, stakeholders, and customers with disabilities
- Use the basic features in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook to generate accessible documents and simple forms
- Utilize online resources for ensuring electronic documents are accessible at any stage in the development of the document
- Test accessibility of MS Office documents and simple forms
This class is not intended for new Microsoft Office users. This class is recommended for anyone that creates, reviews or distributes electronic content. The information taught in this class is specific to the accessibility features within the software.
8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Cost Per Person
$135.00 check payable to "Department of Rehabilitation"
Department of Rehabilitation
721 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
- April 16, 2019 - FULL
- May 14, 2019 - FULL
- June 4, 2019 - FULL
- June 18, 2019
Email the following information to DASTraining@dor.ca.gov or call the DAS main line at 916-558-5755.
- Date you wish to attend:
- Reasonable Accommodation request:
Note: Space is limited in each class, please provide a first and second choice in case your first choice of date to attend the class is already full. Make sure you register early. In order to ensure we can meet your Reasonable Accommodation request, please submit this information to us at least two weeks in advance of your first choice of date you wish to attend.
Bring this class to your facility
We offer the option of bringing this training to your facility utilizing your department's on-site computer lab for up to 20 attendees. Please contact us for additional information.