ACCESSIBLE MICROSOFT OFFICE DOCUMENTS
Offered by the Disability Access Services of the Department of Rehabilitation
This class teaches seven basic principles to create accessible content in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. This class will cover the basic steps in the creation of accessible documents in Microsoft Office. This class includes the basic accessibility features built into Microsoft Office 2020 - 365. Some pros and cons of each format will be discussed.
Utilizing the principles learned in this class will help ensure that electronic content is accessible to employees, reviewers, stakeholders, and customers with disabilities and usable by persons who utilize assistive technologies. This class is a mixture of lecture and hands-on training in a webinar platform.
Staff who create, modify, and distribute organizational documents in Adobe PDF format, may register concurrently for "Accessible PDF Documents 2.1".
As a result of attending this class, participants will be able to:
- Understand the seven basic principles required to create accessible documents
- Recognize assistive technology as a means to navigate electronic documents
- Create documents that are accessible to employees, stakeholders, and customers with disabilities
- Use the basic features in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook to generate accessible documents
- Utilize online resources for ensuring electronic documents are accessible at any stage in the development of the document
- Test accessibility of MS Office documents
8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Cost Per Person
$266.00 check payable to "Department of Rehabilitation"
Zoom is a cloud platform for video, voice, content sharing, and chat that runs across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
Zoom Help for first time users:
Email the following information to DASTraining@dor.ca.gov
- Date* you wish to attend:
- Reasonable Accommodation** request:
- How did you find out about the training?
* Space is limited in each class, please provide a first and second choice in case your first choice of date to attend the class is already full. Make sure you Register Early.
** In order to ensure we can meet your Reasonable Accommodation request, please submit this information to us at least two weeks in advance of your first choice of date you wish to attend.
An invoice, with payment instructions, will be provided upon confirmation of registration. Once payment has been received, attendees will receive the webinar link to attend the training session.
For registration questions contact DASTraining@dor.ca.gov or call the DAS main line at 916-558-5755.
Bring this class to your facility
We offer the option of providing this training to your employees for up to 18 attendees. If this seems like a better option for your department, contact Disability Access Services Training at 916-558-5755 or via email at DASTrainings@dor.ca.gov for additional information.
For additional information about DAS services or questions about the Americans with Disabilities Act and other disability related laws, send your questions to Disability Access Services at DASinfo@dor.ca.gov.