TRAINING - ACCESSIBLE PDF DOCUMENTS 2.0
Content creators will learn to create accessible PDF documents, including forms. Analysts who create and manage existing PDF documents will learn how to fix common errors from the accessibility report. We will highlight the importance of using assistive technologies and human testing in accessibility checks. All too often document authors rely solely on software tools to check for accessibility resulting in electronic content that has significant problems with both accessibility and usability for persons who utilize assistive technologies. This class is a mixture of lecture and hands-on training with a laptop.
Accessible Microsoft Office Documents is a prerequisite for the Accessible PDF Documents 2.0 training.
As a result of attending this class, participants will be able to:
- Create accessible PDF documents using the basic features in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Utilize tools for ensuring PDF documents are accessible in the development and remediation of the document
- Identify and repair common accessibility errors in PDF documents, such as tags, reading order, and alternative text
- Learn proper techniques to remediate tables, charts, and lists in PDF documents without the source file
- Understand and use a screen reader to navigate PDF documents
- Test accessibility of PDF documents
This class will not teach you how to use Adobe Acrobat Pro. The focus of this class is specific to the accessibility features within the software. This class is recommended for anyone that is responsible for creating and remediating PDF documents.
8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Cost Per Person
$100.00 check payable to "Department of Rehabilitation"
Department of Rehabilitation
721 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
- April 17, 2019 - FULL
- May 15, 2019 - FULL
- June 5, 2019 - FULL
- June 19, 2019
Email the following information to DASTraining@dor.ca.gov or call the DAS main line at 916-558-5755.
- Date you wish to attend:
- Reasonable Accommodation request:
Note: Space is limited in each class, please provide a first and second choice in case your first choice of date to attend the class is already full. Make sure you register early. In order to ensure we can meet your Reasonable Accommodation request, please submit this information to us at least two weeks in advance of your first choice of date you wish to attend.
Bring this class to your facility
We offer the option of bringing this training to your facility utilizing your department's on-site computer lab for up to 20 attendees. Please contact us for additional information.