ACCESSIBLE PDF DOCUMENTS 2.1
Offered by the Disability Access Services of the Department of Rehabilitation
Content creators will learn to create accessible PDF documents. Analysts who create and manage existing PDF documents will learn how to fix common errors from the accessibility report. We will highlight the importance of using assistive technologies and human testing in accessibility checks.
All too often document authors rely solely on software tools to check for accessibility resulting in electronic content that has significant problems with both accessibility and usability for persons who utilize assistive technologies. This class is a mixture of lecture and hands-on training with a laptop.
Accessible Microsoft Office Documents is a prerequisite for the Accessible PDF Documents 2.1 training.
As a result of attending this class, participants will be able to:
- Create accessible PDF documents using the basic features in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Utilize tools for ensuring PDF documents are accessible in the development and remediation of the document
- Identify and repair common accessibility errors in PDF documents, such as tags, reading order, and alternative text
- Learn proper techniques to remediate tables, charts, and lists in PDF documents without the source file
- Understand and use a screen reader to navigate PDF documents
- Test accessibility of PDF documents
Individuals enrolled in this class should have a basic understanding of operating a Windows System. This class will not teach you how to use Adobe Acrobat Pro. The focus is specific to the accessibility features within the software. This class is recommended for anyone that is responsible for creating and remediating PDF documents.
8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Cost Per Person
$266.00 check payable to "Department of Rehabilitation"
Zoom is a cloud platform for video, voice, content sharing, and chat that runs across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
Zoom Help for first time users:
Email the following information to DASTraining@dor.ca.gov
- Date* you wish to attend:
- Reasonable Accommodation** request:
- How did you find out about the training?
* Space is limited in each class, please provide a first and second choice in case your first choice of date to attend the class is already full. Make sure you Register Early.
** In order to ensure we can meet your Reasonable Accommodation request, please submit this information to us at least two weeks in advance of your first choice of date you wish to attend.
An invoice, with payment instructions, will be provided upon confirmation of registration. Once payment has been received, attendees will receive the webinar link to attend the training session.
For registration questions contact DASTraining@dor.ca.gov or call the DAS main line at 916-558-5755.
Bring This Class to Your Facility
We offer the option of providing this training to your employees for up to 18 attendees. If this seems like a better option for your department, contact Disability Access Services Training at 916-558-5755 or via email at DASTrainings@dor.ca.gov for additional information.
For additional information about DAS services or questions about the Americans with Disabilities Act and other disability related laws, send your questions to Disability Access Services at DASinfo@dor.ca.gov.