Disability Access Services (DAS) supports the intent of the proposed Section 508 refresh, and California's effort to create and support Digital Access for all California State employees. We strive for;
All State employees with disabilities have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to the access and use by state employees who are not individuals with disabilities; and
That members of the public with disabilities who are seeking information or data from a state agency have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to that provided to the members of the public who are not individuals with disabilities.
Regardless of the medium or method of transmission and storage, electronic content that communicates official agency business, as determined by the agency mission, to a state employee or a member of the public shall conform to Level A and Level AA Success Criteria and Conformance Requirements specified for web pages in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, and subsequent versions. This shall apply when the content of the communication includes one or more of the following:
- An emergency notification;
- An initial or final decision adjudicating an administrative claim or proceeding;
- An internal or external program or policy announcement;
- A notice of benefits, program eligibility, employment opportunity, or personnel action;
- A formal acknowledgement of receipt;
- A survey questionnaire;
- A template or form;
- Educational or training materials; or
- Intranet content designed as a Web page.
Check out the following links to common Digital Access topics and questions: